I am a huge music junkie. I cultivate playlists. I love discovering new music. No matter what I am doing, I am probably listening to music at the same time. This is especially true when I am writing. I know some people find music to be distracting when they are engaging in thought activities, but for me it helps set the tone. I believe there is a song to match any mood, any situation. Sometimes music and lyrics better articulate emotion than I ever can. Music has the power to make the listener feel something, to transform emotions, to inspire, to engage – much like words on a page can.
In this spirit, here are five tracks that are currently inspiring my writing:
1. James Vincent McMorrow – “Hear the Noise that Moves So Soft and Low” http://bit.ly/1nV7D70
2. The Lighthouse and the Whaler – “Little Vessels” http://bit.ly/1iJnv7e
3. The Helio Sequence – “October” http://bit.ly/1gV9bgB
4. Amber Run – “Heaven” http://bit.ly/1rzRwji
5. The Lonely Wild – “Everything You Need” http://bit.ly/1oYwRkG
Give these a listen. Maybe they will inspire you too!